Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Proactive or Procrastination?



Hey Everybody! What's up! Today I'm writing about something that challenges a great amount of people, and it's called Procrastination. I admit it. I am a total Procrastinator. I know the effects this can have on me, and I have always wanted to be Proactive, but well, it's harder than it looks. With my very busy life style, putting things off is pretty dangerous to my grade. I always have at least swim after school for two hours, school itself, and usually something else as well. Robotics, which just ended, was an hour and a half, so I would need to go right to swim afterwards. Then, in a little while there is paddling, and my moms many classes scattered around the clock, so I'm booked around the clock.

I feel that because I have so little free time most days, when I do have free time, I feel like I need to use it the best I can. I am usually going all the time, so when life actually stops for a little while, I seize the moment. However, I do realize when I procrastinate, it leads to nothing but stress and fear, and I end up with less time anyway, and I'm often unprepared for things. I also find myself with less time all together! Therefor, it is important for me to get things done as soon as possible.

For me, the hardest part about being a procrastinator is the fact that it makes me feel like I have no control over my life. It's hard to control things, which as a control freak is an important thing for me, when you are busy doing things last minute. I really need to step up my game, especially if I would like to see that shiny 4.0 on my report card this semester. Semester grades are the ones that really count, so I want to stay at the top.With the end of Quarter 2 coming up I really need to keep up my hard work and stay with the program.

I would certainly work on my time management skills, and be prepared for everything that is going to happen. I will also take more time on things, to make sure I have perfect, quality work. I would also like to learn how to keep that laser focus that helps you get things done. I really need to learn to prioritize a little better, and be more organized. These are the kinds of things I need to hold my 4.0 average, and that is what is important to me. If I could learn about these things, then practice them, I believe that I can finally overcome my procrastination and become a proactive person!



No comments:

Post a Comment