Sunday, November 2, 2014

Finished News Story

What was your story about & who contributed to it?
How did the final turn out? Are you happy with it?
Conclude with your critique results, do you agree?

Hi everyone! I'm back from vacation, with a post about it on the way, and I'm excited to share with you our finished Hiki'no video! For those of you who know my blog, you know that I write first and put videos in last, kind of like the seal on a letter. So to get to the video, you'll need to read my awesome info before you get to it. (Yes I realize you can just skip over it, but don't, otherwise you don't get to read my humorous account of creating the video you see before you.) Anyway, I better get started, I already need to write an extra paragraph because I spent this whole time rambling on to you. Oh well.

Our video was about health and wellness in Hawaii, and it turned out really good considering that I left three brand new sixth graders, Denae, Jhoanna, and Kyla, alone to finish it themselves. (I feel really bad about leaving. I was  supposed to be teaching them!) There were some shots that weren't three shot sequences and other technical difficulties, but they did amazing! Contributors were Missy Hoesel, my mom, Josh Nations, co-owner of the Kauai Athletic Clubs, Heidi Tokuda, Computer Teacher at Kapa'a Elementary School, and of  course Mr. Sanderl.

Our critiques were pretty good, I wasn't here for them, as I was still on vacation, but from the chart below I'd say people thought we did fairly good. Comment with what you think. I agree with the majority, that we were in the 3 range. I do think a 1 is a little harsh, and a 4 is pushing it, but 3 seems fair. It could have been better, and I wish I could help the girls with some of the more technical things, but really, their naturals. I mean, this was their first project!

Anyway, thanks for reading through my writing, I really appreciate it, and I promise that soon I will have a post about this summer (so overdue) and I'm thinking another book review. Also, I wanted to ask if anyone would read my writing, and maybe a friend of mine's writing if I started posting it up here. Let me know. Then maybe, if your interested in posting your writing,  I could set up an address for you to send it to me. We'll see. Comment with your thoughts, and enjoy the video! Bye till next time!

-Maddie

T6: Health & Obesity Rate in Hawaii by Maddie, Kyla, Jhoanna, Denae

114%
2726%
31244%
4726%

3 comments: