Wednesday, November 5, 2014

My Visual Poem

Hello everyone! I am excited to share with you my newest project, which we just completed last Monday. It was called Visual Poem, and we wrote poems, then read them on camera. We then spent a week collecting B-Roll, then slapped it all together in Final Cut. (I say slapped; I spent three days editing and making it perfect!) We used effects, transitions, music, and transformations to make it excellent. My poem was about writing, and all that it entails. I explained how writing makes me feel, how ideas bounce around in my mind, how tools of the trade, notebooks, pens, feel in my hand, how they work for me, under my hand and spell.

My visuals make an impact because they correspond with my poem. While I read it, the visuals show you exactly what I feel. It's like a personal view into my mind. I really challenged myself to show passion in both my visuals and my poem itself. Writing is a special part of me, and I tried to showcase that in my video.

For special effects I used an film roll filter on the very first shot, and an old paper on a different shot. I think that it helped me create the right mood, a kind of dark, deep, but still warm place. I wanted to show my feelings and really help you get inside my head. I wish I had added some more, but with a deadline looming over my head, getting it in seemed most important. I am happy, however, with how it turned out.

I am satisfied with how my video turned out, though I wish I had added more effects. I could have made it better by maybe spending a little longer on it, but I really believe I able to convey my story, which is all I wanted. Another is to maybe use my technical knowledge a little better by refining it in final cut some more.  Despite that, I am very excited for the critique, and I hope others enjoy watching it as much as enjoyed creating it. I enjoyed watching my final video, and am looking forward to sharing it with others.

Thanks for reading! I'll see you next time! Enjoy my poem at the bottom, and in case you were wondering, the visual is my poem plan, the backbone behind my video. Anyway, farewell, and enjoy!

25 comments:

  1. good effects
    loud noises
    lots of B-roll

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your poem is very... well, poetic. I loved the metaphors and it really pulled me in.
    Some of your B-Roll was fairly dull.
    On the other hand, some of your shots were great and really added to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like all the book shots that you got, especially with the ken burns effect
    You can tell the wind was blowing when you shot your A-Roll
    I liked how you used the text layovers

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked your idea
    your background noices were loud
    i liked that you put writting with what you were saying

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like all your b-roll
    There was some distracting noise in your voice overs
    Good effects

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good effects
    Background sounds
    Lot's of shots

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your B-roll
    The audio got very bad at the end
    The writing is amazing I really like your poem

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the wording that you used.
    There was some background noise.
    It was very poetic and sounded very professional.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The writing was so great!
    It was really noisey.
    Great b-roll.

    ReplyDelete
  10. •I liked the different shots
    •the audio was kinda loud
    •I liked the text layovers

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like how you said it with passion
    your audio was a little rumbly from your b roll
    I really like all of your b roll

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved the words you used and how you described it.
    The sound was a little loud it blared at first.
    I also loved the way you wrote them poem!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your b-roll was really good
    You talked really fast in some parts of your video
    really well thought out words

    ReplyDelete
  14. One word "Poem" because that is what this is.
    I don't see much area of improvement this is really good!
    So poetic it just really works!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice effects
    the auto was a little weird
    I like your voice overs

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the words that you chose to say
    I think that you could fix the voice overs
    I really like the transitions

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like how you included the many shots of books
    Could have used more effects
    I like the words you used

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like how you described writing.
    The audio wasn't that great.
    I loved your pictures and videos.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I absolutely loved the poem, it really spoke to me!
    The thing I would improve would be lower the background noise during the voice overs.
    I liked the onomatopoeia with the "skritch scratch"!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like your effects
    there was lots of nosies when you were saying your poem
    I like how your visuals relate to your poem

    ReplyDelete
  21. nice B-roll
    A bit loud
    Amazing voice

    ReplyDelete
  22. cool idea
    a lot of sounds in the background
    amazing voice

    ReplyDelete
  23. I liked the dialogue
    There was background noise at the end
    Nice tone of voice for a poem

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your poem was so good the way you read you poem was I was amazed
    The sound could be turned down it was loud.
    I loved it all.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I thought that your idea of a poem was awesome
    You could have made your voice over sound a little more clear
    I liked you had a lot of pictures.

    ReplyDelete