Friday, September 5, 2014

Hiki No Behind The Scenes

Hi everyone, it's Maddie, and I am very excited to share to share with you our very first big project of the year! We are doing a big news story for Hiki'no, a great television program on PBS thursdays. My team consist's of Denae Sacramed, Kyla Bautista, and Jhoana Domingo.  My team's story is about Health in Hawaii. Right now we are doing great, and I love teaching them how to work different things.

When the camera is not rolling, it's mostly a lot of planning. We have two extra documents; one about different requirements, and one for research. This is mainly to keep organized, and also to make sure that we have everything done in time. We all get along really well, and I'm glad that I got the experience to work with them. I really hope we will be able to work together again. (Although I might not be the best teacher)

One thing I can do to help my team is definitely try to stay on top of things. It seems I am making a habit of springing surprise shoots on them, and even though it's not always my fault (surprise cancellations, interviews that suddenly work when they didn't five seconds ago, that kind of thing) I still have the responsibility of keeping track of things. I could also not do as much myself, and let them do more of the work, but still again, sometimes that doesn't work either. The best thing I can do is my best, and just work my hardest, and if that doesn't work, work harder.

Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed, here are some pics!



No comments:

Post a Comment