Friday, August 29, 2014

The Experiment

Hello everybody! I'm here to tell you about the very first thing we did when we turned on the computers. It was a Photoshop experiment where Mr. Sanderl let us have free reign and do what ever we wanted. Because my computer was acting up, I didn't do as great as I would have liked, but that's okay. We did this because Mr. Sanderl wanted us to learn about the program the way he did when he first got it, and for us in our second year, review it. It was fun, and would have been great if I could have had longer to finish up. Even so, it was fun to complete.

I made a blue and white gradient background with the gradient tool to represent the sky. Then I drew a sun with the   and wrote smile. I used the layer effects to make a shadow, and to add texture. That's about it. I did another one though, and even though it's not finished, it looks great so far. It's a contour of me, a photo I took in photo booth, another great program. When it's done I will post it here with smiley. (That's what I named my sun artwork)

This project was great because I got to be free Photoshop, one of my favorite activities. Photoshop is actually one of my favorite programs. I love taking things and turning them into artwork. Contours are my preferred choice, by I also enjoy freehand drawing. This project would have been better if I could have started with my contour instead of wasting time on my smile art. But over all, a good way to start off the year.


Link List
  • That first link takes you to a Photoshop experiment that I found fascinating. Even if you are like me, and don't really like leaving the webpage, I highly suggest everyone, especially the girls and women, go and read this page.
  •  The second link takes you to Mr. Sanderl's blog. It's pretty cool, and has links to all the student blogs, not just the student's in my class.
  • The third link takes you to a Gradient tool user manual.

No comments:

Post a Comment