Thursday, September 25, 2014

Lessons Learned

Hello everyone! Here's an update on the latest and greatest from awesome team six! Our project is going good, (For more on our news story on health and fitness check out this post) and we are really bonding as a team. Anyway the most interesting part of of our project so far has been doing everything from a different perspective. Let me explain. Last year it was my first year with Mr. Sanderl. I spent the first few projects learning, letting the seventh graders teach me. This year, my seventh grade year, I've become the teacher. At times it's hard to be a team leader, to take responsibility of the project, while making sure that my team learns along the way. Even so, I really enjoy mentoring these girls.

The biggest roadblock so far has been getting everyone together to shoot. There's always at least five people, (Team plus the interviewee) and very expensive (and heavy!) equipment that all need to be in one place for at least an hour. And usually someone can't make it. Add  in interviewee's that are 30 minutes late, last minute scheduling problems, and interviews that literally are scheduled THAT DAY, and well, you have a stressful mix. It's my job to make sure everyone is where they need to be, and that we all look semi-professional, and that everything runs smoothly. I'd give myself an A for effort. Yeah.

I'd say the most valuable part of film making is the knowledge you receive. In just two years I've learned so much. Before I was in this class I barely knew how to create a document using pages. Now I'm producing films for Hiki'
No! A big thank you to Mr. Sanderl for teaching me so much, and thank you to my girls for putting up with me, and helping complete this project. Go Team Six!!!


5 comments:

  1. Wow, I really like your picture of your team it really shows that your team is getting along well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a good time on your trip, nice pic to

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your project sounds really interesting and your writing is very nice. I love how neat your log is and your background is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your picture really shows the bonding you guys have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog is really creative and well done! I also like how you wrote the names of your teammates under their picture!

    ReplyDelete