Monday, February 9, 2015

HDR Photography

Hello Everyone! I'm so excited to share with you today a post about photography! We just began photography this quarter, so this will be our first project! Right now we are mainly focused on HDR photos, which I will do my best to explain in that next paragraph, but if you want to know even more, visit the link below, because that will probably give you a much better idea. It's the same link we used, so it should help you a bunch. Ok my pretties, enough introduction! On to the interesting stuff!

HDR photography is short for High Dynamic Range. Not High Definition, or anything like that, though it's a common mistake. Basically what you do is take several different photos, all from different exposures, then put them together to create a super cool surreal looking image. It takes the best details from all the photos, then puts them together to create beautiful images! I love the ending look, where it's very detailed, and colorful, and just looks stunning! What I dislike, though, is the horrible ghosties you get if the camera moves. I'm really scared about my final project, I'm worried that there was too much movement, due to the fact that we didn't have a tripod. Wish me good luck!

In order to create HDR image manually, you need to take several photos, ranging from the darkest to lightest exposure. Then take them into Photoshop. From there, you need to hit file, automate, then merge to HDR Pro. Once you have them arranged, you can customize them. There are many different settings to choose from, and also other customizations such as exposure compensation, gamma, detail, and vibrance and saturation.

The thought process behind my landscape was to capture the colors of the sun on the mountain, and the interesting cloud formations. The clouds looked surreal even before the editing, and I thought that would come out really well in the end. My superimpose was the combination of my experiment (Kasiah's Face) and my landscape. The word I used to describe it was Inspire. I thought she had a sort of far off gaze, and the view looked inspiring, so I thought that was suitable. Anyway, that's all for now, I hope you come back next time to read about whatever crazy project we have next! Also, make sure you check out the link below, I'm sure they explain HDR way better than I ever could!


HDR Photography

24 comments:

  1. Love the text bend very unique
    Text is in the tree
    Looks like she is thinking the word

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your rule of thirds
    Your texts is in the tree
    I like the colours

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your background
    Hard to see your text
    Great rule of thirds

    ReplyDelete
  4. right in the rule of thirds
    you need to kern
    Good look room

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMAZING rule of thirds.
    Kerning?
    Spectacular overall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how surreal it looks.
    The text is in the trees.
    Nice rule of thirds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Surrealism.
    The Text Overlaps The Tree.
    Great Rule Of Thirds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very surreal
    Text could've been placed better
    Nice rule of thirds

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome landscape
    text is a little hard to read
    good job placing your subject

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice rule of thirds I can see her eyes
    The letter E in your text blocks the tree a bit
    I like your colors

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the landscape.
    the text is about to run off the page.
    I like the experiment.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I liked the background shot
    The text is going into the tree
    Very surrealistic

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the colors!
    Maybe move the text.
    Very surreal!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very surreal!
    Could of kern the text in.
    Very bright.

    ReplyDelete
  15. great look room
    The letter E is In the tree
    beautiful landscape

    ReplyDelete
  16. very bright
    Maybe move the text
    I really like how she is looking towards the text

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like your text
    i like you cant see the E
    I like your background

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome rule of thirds
    The text is slightly in the tree
    Great look room

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like the placement of your subject.
    You could place your text better.
    I like your background.

    ReplyDelete
  20. love how your text blend really well
    the text is on the tree
    the colors are great

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your landscape pic its so pretty
    and you could have done better on the text part of the superimpose
    And I really like how you placed her in the rule of thirds

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like the landscape
    The text could be a little better
    I like the color in your photo

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nice rule of thirds
    Need better text
    Nice rule of thirds

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great rule of thirds Maddie (and your subject is absolutely beautiful :D)!
    The word doesn't really go with the picture.
    The color is awesome! Great vibrance and surrealism!

    ReplyDelete