Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Photomontages


These are my two finished GT photomontages, inspired by artist David Hockney, who invented these images. They added abstract to plain old photography, which creates interest. We started this process by taking pictures from different perspectives and naming and editing them in Adobe Bridge and Camera Raw. Them, we took the "cooked" (Edited) photos in to photoshop and glued them back together. What we finished with were these great images. (We being Mr. Sanderl's GT class)

After finishing these up with a background, we covered them in a four point stroke, and then did another one. Well at least I did. I didn't like the first one I did, because I feel like it didn't really express me. So when Mr. Sanderl showed us a documentary about David Hockney, I was hooked. That's probably the best I have ever done on a project so far.

I took my camera and took a lot of pictures of my sister coming down the stairs, and just knew that that was perfect. Hockney always says to tell a story with the photomontages. Well I sure think I accomplished it! When I heard the critique on my "Joiner" as Hockney used to call them, I was so proud of what I had done. I had become an artist.


No comments:

Post a Comment