Sunday, April 10, 2016

Character Development

Hello internet, and welcome back! Spring break is over, and it is time for the fourth and final quarter of the year. Back to life, back to reality. Anyway, we are jumping right into the new quarter with our next project, animation, which although not my favorite, will hopefully end up going a little smoother than last year.  Now, without further ado, I present to you... Character Development.

To start off, I'm going to ramble on about myself and my humorous/ relatable imperfections. I like to think I am a generally nice human. Empathy is one of my strong points, and I tend to put others before myself. Failure is one of my greatest fears. I sometimes feel as though I must be perfect in order to be successful, whether that means perfect swim meets or a 4.0 G.P.A. One thing I'm working on is to stop putting so much pressure on myself. I also tend to be very awkward around other people, especially my peers. It's hard for me to talk to people who I'm not really close to, which is probably why I'm very quiet and introverted. Also probably why I talk to myself. Maybe I'm just a better conversationalist than everyone else. (OR MAYBE I'M JUST REALLY WEIRD) I'm also what you would call an overly intense person. It's either no pie, or the entire pie. No Netflix, or binge watching Friends for hours on end. You get the picture.

Throughout this project we will be animating ourselves and exaggerating our character traits. I think I will probably exaggerate my introverted tendencies. My team's animation is going to be a comparison of a blunt, extroverted person-Kyler Arruda Sukehira- to the quiet, introverted personalities of my teammate Makena and I. Kyler is a sassy, sassy person, and we are going to emphasize that, because it makes such a great contrast to Makena and I. A big part of animation is the audio, so we will definitely rely on it to tell our story. We will also use many of Kyler's patented gestures- the mouth cover, the hand on the hip, the hair adjustment. With me and Makena, we will probably stick to interactions between characters. I know that I have several facial expressions and gestures that make me who I am, like my patented arm flail when things get awkward. Another good one is the face cover, in which I panic, cover my face with my hands, and run as fast as I can away from difficult social situations. These will probably help us depict my personality in our video. ;)

So, if I'm being completely honest, animation is not my favorite. I don't know why, we just don't get along. I'm just not very good at animation. That being said, I did manage to complete a working, acceptable GIF, even though I missed the first week back and only had two days to work on it. To create our GIFs, we took pictures of ourselves in front of the green screen, cut them out, and took them into Photoshop. Once we were in Photoshop, we used the puppet warp tool to animate ourselves. Mine comes onto the screen, moves its arms, and exits. As I was short on time, I stuck to the basics, and turned in a GIF that is solidly okay. *Shrugs* I tried.

We've come to the end of yet another post. Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed. Sorry to cut this short, but this post is already late, and I just need to get in posted. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment