Thursday, October 1, 2015

My Humorous Monologue


HoeselM_Comedy from Kapaa Middle School MEDIA on Vimeo.
Hello, great internet peoples! Today I'm going to finish off where I left off and tell you guys a little more about the comedy project I wrote about last week. As of this intro, I have not yet finished the monologue, but by the time this post is up, you will have a lovely, hilarious video to watch. About cats, of course. I'm very excited to share with you this final week of Comedy Monologues, so let's begin!

To start off this week's post, I'm going to explain a little bit about what I have learned from this project. This has been a very fun project, albeit a little stress, which is bound to happen, of course. I really enjoyed learning how to write a joke, even though I kind of failed at it. I'm funny in bursts, random bursts of humor, not in concentrated joke material way. Throughout this project I expanded my knowledge of iMovie, which is kind of a given. I also learned more about my sense of humor, and what makes me laugh.

In this paragraph I am going to explain what pad is, and why it is crucial to use it. Pad is the three seconds of nothing until the action in a clip starts. You don't see it in video a lot of times, because it's edited out. It's crucial to use it because if you don't, than the camera will likely cut out the first few seconds of video. Pad has saved me from losing parts of my monologue, and it only takes about three extra seconds. In our class, we start by saying rolling once the camera starts filming, and then action after a few seconds have gone by. Yay pad!

Throughout this video, I have learned a little more about my weaknesses and strengths regarding film making. A few knew weaknesses of mine include actually being funny. As I've said before, I AM funny, just in bursts, not in the way it takes to write a comedic monologue. I liked the way my project turned out, but I would have liked to work on it more. However, as they say, "An artists work is never done, the deadline arrives." I am a strong writer, so the writing in my piece was good, it just wasn't all that funny. I also believe I had some strong B-Roll shots, and I am overall happy with how my final turned out.

I know this post is a little short, and a little rough, and a little less funny than usual, but I am honestly just happy that this quarter is almost over, because I am exhausted! So I'm going to sign off now, and leave you with a few words of wisdom... bring salt, burn the bones, and watch the Impala. For those of you who got that reference, I love you, we should be bestest internet friends. Now goodbye to all, and enjoy your break if you live here, and your last few weeks of school if you live somewhere else. Or maybe you already had break. Or maybe you don't get a break? I don't know, but enjoy no matter what situation you are in. I love you all, don't kill the internet while I'm gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment