Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Motivational Poster

Are you ready to be amazed by the stunning beauty of my final motivation project? I swear guys, this time it's for real. My final poster will blow you away with it's wonderful motivation prowess. Okay, so at the time I'm writing this introduction it's not completely finished, however, by the time this post is complete it will be. So sit tight, and prepare to be amazed. I'll see you at the bottom, because we all know that those who read these only read them to read my lovely sarcastic intros and conclusions. Anyway, keep on reading to finally get to find out what we did with our Manifestos, personal quotes, and those fabulous symbols I had posted on the last post without telling you what they meant. Tricky of me, I know.

So, I'm going to start by describing all of the requirements for our motivational posters. First of all, we were required to use those three symbolic images we took. Mine were on my glasses, combat boots, and candles, and if you want to find out how they represent me, check out the hashtag #gtsym1, #gtsym2, and #gtsym3 on google+. You'll also see the rest of the GT student symbols, and it's really cool, so check it out. We also needed a portrait of ourselves. The lovely Kasiah Vercelli took mine, I'll link to her blog below. Our personal manifestos and personal quotes were also a requirement, and the text had to be nicely kerned. Also important was the kerning of our text, a triadic color scheme with one dominant and two harmonious colors, blending options such as drop shadows, stroke, outer glows, and bevel and emboss, and layer adjustments for our pictures like color balance and exposure.

Now I'm going to move on and explain the step by step process we used to create our pictures. We started by writing out our personal quotes and manifestos. Then we kerned them until they fit perfectly without any gaps. After that we added effects and a triadic color scheme to the text, as well as adding our portrait and symbolic images. Next, we added color balances to our pictures to make them match the triadic color scheme we had chosen. Finally, we focused on adding the finishing touches and layer effects to the pictures to make sure they stood out.

I'm actually really happy with how mine turned out. Usually when I do a project, any type of project, I never feel ready to stop. With this one though, I feel like it turned out really well, and I believe that I followed the requirements. The biggest challenge for me was getting my pictures balanced and with enough color balance. I hadn't realized that by choosing yellow I would end up having to use 6 different color adjustment layers! In the end though, I'm glad I chose yellow, and saved my blue and purple for the text, because this way the text really pops, which was my goal. My base color was the warm purple on my manifesto, and the two supplementary colors were the turquoise used for the personal quotes, and the yellow used for the pictures.


Okay you guys, thanks for reading! Stay tuned for our next project, it's going to be really fun to film, (hint) so check it out. The first post will come in about a week or two, depending on how long we will be spending on this project. It's going to be a barrel of laughs! (hint two) Until then, enjoy yourself by checking out the links below, to help you understand the "techno babble." If you already speak fluent babble, check out Kasaiah's blog to see her poster! By the way, the first kerning link leads to a definition, the second to a fun little game related to it! See you later my lovelies!

(Psssst- LINKS!)

No comments:

Post a Comment