Friday, May 29, 2015

Music Videos Rock!!!


Hello Everyone! Today I'm going to elaborate a wee bit on last weeks post. So, I'm going to start on that, might as well get right to it! Sorry for the lack of a long, winding, distracting entry paragraph, but I'm tired, so we'll all have to make do with what we have. Maybe I'll come back later and rewrite this. (I say this every time and never do... I'm such a flake.)

As you all know, my team consists of the wonderful, beautiful, and talented Julie Castro and Kasiah Vercelli. We have all contributed to the project so far, with Julie and I focusing mainly on filming, and Kasiah being our fabulous movie star. Kasiah also did a band poster for us, showcasing some of her Gt student skills. The editing of the video was done mainly by Julie and I, with the occasional constructive criticism from- who else- Miss Kasiah. We all contributed to the creation and completion of our music video. 

I think our audience will enjoy our story. We interpreted Taylor Swift's song in a way we felt was relatable and fun. Our story is about a girl who is explaining how she overcame adversity to love herself for who she is. There is, of course a lot of dancing! What would a music video be without it?

Our music video shows what we learned this year by showcasing the skills we've gained. We did our best to use composition techniques and interesting and creative camera shots. Kasiah made us a beautiful band poster, with assistance from the rest of us. Julie and I got to explore iMovie's many effects, and use them to enhance our story, not take away from it. Finally, all three of us used the skills we gained this year to edit our long, winding clips into 2-4 second scenes!

Thank you everyone for reading! I just noticed I'm not in any of the pictures above... oops. Oh well. This is the last Gt post for the year, so I might not get a chance to write again until August! I'll see you then! Or maybe before? We'll see! BYE!

No comments:

Post a Comment