Thursday, April 9, 2015

Animation Outakes

Why hello my evil army. Today we will be learning all about animation. I can hear you all saying, "But Maddie, you've already done a post on animation!" My answer is yes, I have, but it's a new year, and a new project. I will link that project down below, so you can enjoy some fetus Maddie. Yay fetus Maddie! Anyway, let's explain this project and my lovely teammates, and I'll see you at the bottom.

 This year, my lovely team consists of Julie Castro, Jayse Matsuyama, and Denae Sacramend. I have worked with Denae before- don't tell Mr. Sanderl- but I have not yet worked with Jayse or Julie, so I got to meet some new people. Which I actually survived, which is surprising seeing as I'm terrified of people. Now, for some interesting facts about my lovely team. Let's start with Miss Julie- she dances hula, and she has two brothers. Now for Mr. Jayse. Jayse is a surfer, which is one of the many perks of living on a small tropical island. He also paddles for Puu'wai, the canoe club that we both belong to, so we're teammates. Finally, let's move on to Denae. Denae loves animals, and she is a very random person. Which is a very, very good thing. 

Now to explain stop-motion animation. Basically, stop-motion is a type of animation that you create by taking pictures, then putting them all into I Movie, or Photoshop. This creates video that can look like your doing the impossible. The next thing I'm going to explain to you is a .GIF. These are small animation files used mainly for the internet. By mainly I mean entirely. You have probably seen a .GIF before if you use social media sites, but I have a couple here anyway, for your viewing pleasure. It stands for Graphic Interchange Format.

We are telling Julie's story, and it is all about writers block. You should all care, because I'm pretty sure most of you reading this are G.T students, and I know that if you are in G.T, creative juices can be a stretched a little thin. In our story, we exaggerate on how it feels like there is a battle going on in your mind. I know when I have writers block, I feel panicked and desperate, as well as frustrated. I hope to convey relatable feelings through this, and also remind everyone, though it may seem like you'll never be able to write again, writers block doesn't last forever, and eventually the ideas will come back to you.

All right loves, that's it for today. I hope I've cleared up some of the mystery about animation, and I hope you'll check out the linksI have posted! bye, and I will see everybody next time... if anyone bothers to read these besides Mr. Sanderl.

Links!
Julie Castro
Jayse Matsuyama
Denae Sacramend
.GIF
Stop-motion
Last Animation

No comments:

Post a Comment